Ranked in top 10 UK humour websites 2018: look
We can help you….
radically improve your public speaking and presenting confidence and skill
learn stand-up comedy
develop skilful use of humour
with one-to-one coaching or team training
sample blog: a humorous take on parenting and how not to do it
A recent talk about what standup comedians can teach speaker/presenters:
Click here to view full 30 minute version, with audience Q +A
Review of this presentation by host Abigail Burgess:
“Yesterday we held our first networking hub of 2018 and it was a huge success. Our guest speaker was the wonderfully amusing and best-selling author, Gerry Thompson of Positive Comedy with his topic of choice – “How to become a better speaker/presenter, learning from what stand-up comedians know”.
“As Gerry took to the floor it was obvious he knew his stuff, you could feel the empathy in his voice, as a young lad Gerry had too experienced the same fear the majority of us mere mortals feel when taking to the stage/floor/boardroom or any other scenario where public speaking is involved. But not today, today Gerry gave a thought provoking, amusing and engaging talk and showed us all exactly how it should be done.
“So, what did we learn? Gerry taught us how to engage with our audience, how to use humour in our talks/presentations and, most importantly, to be yourself. Being a nervous public speaker myself, the top tips I will be taking away from the afternoon will be:
- Be well prepared – practice makes perfect, don’t just wing it
• Recognise the silence – pause and take your time, don’t rush it
• Have access to your material – keep notes handy to refer to if needed
• Breathe – take a few deep breaths and compose yourself
• Focus on a person in the audience who is smiling/engaging, it will help with confidence
• Don’t look at yourself, look at the audience – they want you to succeed
• And most importantly, try to enjoy yourself!
“Thank you to Gerry and everyone who attended – Abbi”
A fun improv exercise often used in our training programmes:
Our classic DIY Comedy workshop, televised by Hong Kong TV:
Testimonial from Toby Buckle, director of Hazelbranch leadership development:
Some of our clients:
link to clients page
our trainings have won the Sony Gold Award: