Many business people are highly capable or confident in their core business skills, but diffident or daunted by many presentation situations. Indeed, it’s said that most people are more fearful of public speaking than they are of dying!
to discuss how we can help you:
call us in UK on 07986561860
or email us
I’m here to help you become more confident and more effective in how you come across to people, whatever the presentation situation. The one-to-one sessions are highly individualised to your particular needs and your concerns. Here’s what happens in a typical session…
- First of all, I’ll want to find out what forms of self-presentation or speaking you need to do, such as giving a talk, being interviewed, or pitching to a potential client
- I’ll also ask how you would like to improve your abilities, such as engaging more effectively with your audience, or being generally more confident
- Then I’ll enquire about any weaknesses you may wish to overcome – such as dealing with nerves, speaking too quickly, or losing your way in a presentation
- We will run through one of your typical presentations. I will give you feedback and make suggestions, which you can then try out there and then.
- The emphasis is on helping you build upon and develop your own natural and distinctive style of speaking and presenting, rather than imposing a rigid or formulaic model as some coaches do.
- I can also help with the content – assisting with the writing and design of an important presentation or speech, including the incorporation of Powerpoint slides or other aids.
- I also advise in how you manage your material -whether you prompt yourself with a full script, bullet point notes, or memorising main points.
- Many of my clients also want to incorporate humour into their communication, and this is one of my specialities; indeed, I also help stand-up comedians.
Client testimonial from Andrew Stanley, MD of S Tax consultants: